C&G Professional Recognition Award
City & Guilds PRA recognise personal commitment and demonstrates to employers the ‘real world’ leadership and management skills needed alongside technical qualifications for candidates to progress successfully in their chosen careers.
- a vocational route to higher level professional recognition.
- comparable to Higher Level Apprenticeships and Certificates of Higher Education successful candidates receive two awards; a City & Guilds qualification, regulated and recognised by Ofqual, and post-nominal letters that can be used for life (LCGI).
- digital credentials are included on certification
- doesn’t involve new learning or attendance at a course – evidence is collected from recent project work.
- Nationally recognised badge of recognition.
- Develop life skills –capability, communication, self-reflection, problem solving, working with others.
- Continuing Professional Development & the opportunity to progress further.
- Gain enhanced professional standing by using the appropriate letters after name – LCGI.
- Show candidate’s added value to present and future employers.
The LCSC PRA pilot was designed to demonstrate how the Livery, through their networks of contacts with employers in virtually every sector of the economy, can engage with young people at the start of their careers and provide recognition of their growing experience and skill as they progress through increasing levels of responsibility after they have completed their apprenticeships. From the candidates’ point of view it enabled them to show their added value to present and future employers. It encompassed the theme of commitment to lifelong learning.
The Pilot focused on Level 4 PRA (LCGI) and overall management, quality control and general administration was undertaken by LCAS. Individual Livery Companies provided links with candidates and their employers and nominated mentors to support the assessment process. The project included cross-Livery engagement for PRA sustainability post-pilot.
The project ran from February to July 2023 with 10 candidates nominated by 7 Livery Companies. It was a great success, demonstrating and validating the assessment procedures and the collaborative organisational structure.
Contact: Mrs Jo Mabbutt – Pilot Coordinator email@example.com