LCAS is able to provide a service to develop, set up and manage apprenticeships for apprentices in any part of the country using a cloud-based monitoring system.
The precise detail of the support will be determined following agreement of the Livery Company’s scheme. The costs will be agreed on the basis of the agreed services.
Privately Funded Livery Apprenticeships
In order to provide rigour, the generic requirements are broadly similar to publicly funded schemes, but without the need to engage in Government bureaucracy. LCAS can assist in ensuring that the right support is made available.
LCAS would provide advice on appointing suitable Consultants leading to a consultancy package involving:
- Coordinate the Livery Company requirements via Trade/Craft Committees
- Assist the Livery Company to define what should be included in a qualification – this may include additional employer requirements
- Investigate potential qualifications and frameworks
- Develop the qualification with reference to generic LCAS framework
- Develop the detailed assessment plan
It is envisaged that the Livery Company would enter into a contract with LCAS to provide support and a separate contract with the Consultant. Consultancy costs are likely to range from £5,000 to develop an existing apprenticeship training scheme to £20,000 for ‘blue-sky’ schemes. The LCAS support fee would be £1,000. LCAS will maintain a list of consultants with a track record in skills development.
Providing Support for existing Livery Apprenticeship Schemes
We can continue to support those Companies that are continuing with their existing apprenticeship scheme.
Initially LCAS would:
- Link apprentices to OneFile – set up accounts
- Provide training for apprentices and assessors in general use and to cover assessments.
LCAS would also provide ongoing management to:
- Check that apprentices are generating evidence for assessments
- Support assessors with assessment recording
- Support assessors/users in using the reporting features for monitoring apprentices
- Monitor apprentices’ progress and achievement
On completion LCAS would issue:
- Final achievement accreditation, certification and archiving of accounts.
Costs for providing support for existing Livery Apprenticeship Schemes:
- One-year apprenticeship – £534 per apprentice
- Three-year apprenticeship –£1,600 per apprentice
Treasury and Internal Verification Services can also be provided.
OneFile is a leading learning and development platform that brings training and assessment together – allowing users to track their entire learning journey from initial enrolment to end-point assessment.
LCAS uses the OneFile cloud-based eportfolio management and assessment software to monitor apprentices across the country.
Twice winner of a Queen’s Award for Innovation in 2017& 2022, OneFile used LCAS as a case study featuring one of our apprentices.https://www.onefile.co.uk/case-studies/lcas/index.html
OneFile Link: www.onefile.co.uk